Maintenance free living in a beautiful community with amazing people! A lifestyle that offers fun, food, friendship, faith services and more.
Amenities At Northern Lakes Assisted Living & Memory Care
From the warm welcome you will receive in our beautiful lobby, to the friendly people you are sure to meet, a library filled with books, games and yarn, a fitness center with equipment and space to stretch, to a peace filled chapel and many social gathering spaces both indoor and out…we offer generous amenities for your new season of living.
Meals & Dining
We offer a restaurant style experience. Meals may start with a chef made soup or side salad, followed by the planned entrée or a requested alternative choice, beverages…and of coarse dessert! We encourage mix n’ mingle seating which allows residents to get to know more neighbors and enjoy a different view.
Residents have the opportunity to give feedback about meals at our monthly Meet the Chef chat. We want dining to be a positive & anticipated part of the day.
Having a meal plan and communal dining experience is optional. Each Assisted Living apartment has a full kitchen and grocery stores are just a few blocks away for those that prefer to do their own meal planning, shopping & cooking.
Northern Lakes Assisted Living & Memory Care activities are planned with input from residents. The Activity Director considers their input valuable and is also mindful of the abilities of residents when creating the activity calendar.
- Monthly birthday celebrations with live music
- Weekly outings in the community on our 14-person activity van
- Virtual Reality Travel Tours…Norway, Ireland, Scotland, and more…
- Themed parties, sport fan ebents & holiday celebrations
- Movement & fitness classes that accommodate many abilities
- Music therapy with our Registered Music Therapist
- Lakeside picnics & fishing trips
- Aging education & discussions
- Happy Hour
- And of coarse we play BINGO!
Faith & Spirit
Ebenezer (meaning Stone of Help) began as a faith-based community of Norwegian immigrants back in 1917. We are proud of that heritage. The founders looked to their Lutheran faith to advocate for the poor, the newly arrived immigrants and especially for the forgotten seniors in their midst.
We offer weekly spiritual services. We have built relationships with local Pastors, Fathers & Lay Ministers that serve the spiritual hearts of our residents through music, message, prayer & communion. We also encourage residents to offer their gifts to the spiritual vibrancy of our community; playing piano, verse reading, prayer and more.
We also offer planned trips on our activity van to enjoy holiday services at local churches for those wanting a larger congregational experience, and trips to special celebration events in our Brainerd Lakes community.
Life Long Learning
Life Long Learning is the process of keeping your mind, body and spirit engaged — at any age — by actively pursuing knowledge and a new experience. Designed to help our residents learn and grow, our Life Long Learning is a collection of coordinated arts and education programs.
- Creative engagement: opportunity to imagine and to grow
- Individual expression: sharing ideas in a safe and supportive environment
- Community: working together to learn and to create
- Legacy: sharing and passing on the work created
Research has shown that with opportunities for self-expression and discovery, people experience vibrant living, personal growth, as well as improved mental and physical health. Life Long Learning helps individuals stay connected to their world — it is an essential part of the Ebenezer experience at Northern Lakes.
Doctor Visits & Wellness Clinics
Getting to medical appointments can be a challenge for older adults & their busy families. To help that challenge we offer the option to choose Dr. Julie Olson from Essentia Health as a primary physician. Dr. Olson and RN Angie make monthly rounds to care for patients in the comfort of their apartment!
- In-home lab services
- Automatic refill and delivery of medications for residents receiving medication administration services
- Medicare certified therapy professionals that provide in-home Skilled Nursing needs, as well as Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy from providers in our local community
- Palliative and Hospice Care coordination & oversight
Dimensions Memory Care
Ebenezer’s exclusive Dimensions® program stresses the importance of understanding the needs of a person with dementia, and trains our team to respond to them with compassion and creativity. This program is designed to ensure that our memory care residents receive exceptional, compassionate care that meets them where they are. Using evidence-based practices including:
- Wellness: person-centered, relationship-based care with an emphasis on hydration and nutrition for all residents with dementia to ensure their comfort and well being
- Training: delivering innovative, ongoing hands-on education to our team
- Engagement: Fostering purposeful and pleasurable interactions and activities
- Environment: Creating calm; seeking psychosocial solutions and support
- Education and Support: Providing education and support to families
Our Dimensions Coordinator oversees the multi-faceted program. Our goal is to make a dramatic difference in the life of your loved one.
Movement/Exercise & Wellness
- Stretch and Balance: A class combining Matter of Balance curriculum with stretching to improve core strength & flexibility
- Chair Yoga: A class led by Lakes Area Yoga Association certified instructor
- Move with Ease: Adapted movement class inspired by the Arthritis Foundation's curriculum
- Northern Walkers: Walking group that hits the Paul Bunyan Trail or the hallways depending on the weather
Nature & Outdoor Spaces
We celebrate our location and outdoor spaces! With the main dining room patio that leads to the paved Paul Bunyan Trail to our several patios and a peace filled courtyard we have it made in the shade...and sunshine!
- Our west patio features comfortable & cheerful outdoor seating and a calming landscape for gathering with neighbors, family & friends.
- The Paul Bunyan Trail is paved and just steps away from our main dining room patio. It is a picturesque path for walking, running or strolling. It is accessible for those using walkers, wheelchairs & motorized scooters. Winter brings cross-country skiers and those hardy enough to hike through the neighboring Arboretum's groomed trails.
- The Oriole patio looks out to the start of the Paul Bunyan Trail and features our new attempt at succulent and ornamental gardening.
- Memory Care courtyard is a hidden gem in the center of our Memory Care wing. It features comfortable seating, colorful outdoor decor, raised bed flower & vegetable gardens, bird feeders and garden decor. If the weather is decent and it's daylight the courtyard is a popular place.
Ebenezer and Northern Lakes is proud to have Intergenerational Connections as one of our Cornerstones. Within this program we are committed to creating opportunities for our residents to connect with youth of all ages. This helps to bridge the generation gap, create learning opportunities for both the residents and children.
Examples Of Intergenerational Connections
- Be A Pal penpal relationships
- Hosting vocal, instrumental and drama recitals of local youth programs
- Spa days that include pampering services from fun young adult volunteers
- Walk to End Alzheimer's fundraising and events
- Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Ministry
Salon & Barber Shop
We are grateful to offer a full menu of services in our beautiful and modern salon & barber shop. Haircuts, color services, perms, barber cuts with professional shaving services, manicures, pedicures & waxing. Be pampered, look fabulous and enjoy the convenience of on-site beauty & barber services. The Willow Salon is operated by a licensed cosmetologist that serves the residents of Northern Lakes Senior Living, but is also available to the public.
Schedule an appointment with Tammy today: 218-513-7777
Gift certificates are available!
Get In Touch With Us
Fill out this contact form or give Angelique a call at 218-454-2121 for more information or to schedule a tour!